BRED TO RUN
We bred to the top racing stallions available like: Valiant Hero, Corona Cartel, Ivory James,Hes Relentless, and other leaders.
BORN TO RACE
Our horses currently race in Oklahoma, Minnesota, Iowa, New Mexico and Texas.
TRAINED TO WIN
Our Foals are started out with a natural horsemanship program and then turned over to Top Quarter Horse trainers as 2 yr olds to compete at the track.
Join us on
MORE ABOUT DIAMOND R RANCH
Diamond R Ranch is a family owned ranch dedicated to producing top quality Quarter Horse. Our goal is to produce the best bred running horses we can by breed to top stallions in the industry. Another one of our goals is to develop top producing mares, because without good mares it is hard to have top foals no matter who the stallion.
With our breeding program we produce royal bred horses and raise the foals to be the best race horses they can be. We want to produce some of the top running horses in the industry and provide the public with top bred horses for performance, competition, and for the love of the animal and the sport.
Some of the stallions we using in our breeding program are Valiant Hero, Ivory James, Corona Cartel, PYC Paint Your Wagon, Tres Seis, Mr Jess Perry, One Dashing Eagle, Walk Thru Fire, One Famous Eagle and FDD Dynasty.
Diamond R Ranch started in 2005 originally breeding paints is Bismarck, North Dakota. Mr. Toaster was the first race horse purchased in 2005. We ran him for a year and he did really well for us. Then we purchased a couple mares and started breeding our own racehorses. In 2014 we expanded our operation to a second location in Pauls Valley, Oklahoma.
We do the initial or foundation training with our foals using a natural horsemanship program. We halter break, lead train, work on clipping, standing for the farrier and vet, trailer loading, get them use to a saddle and basic ground work. When they are old enough they go to the racing trainer for riding and gate training. When their racing career is over they come back and are “restarted” using the same natural horsemanship program. Meaning they get a refresher course on the foundation training and continue riding off the track.
Our horses are on a healthy diet of good quality hay and alfalfa and grain products with supplements as needed.
Diamond R Ranch cares about the future of every horse that we raise. We focus our energy on giving the horse the skills needed to be successful. We offer high quality well-bred horses to the public, with the necessary skills so that both horse and human have a successful partnership.
There have been many success stories of horses from Diamond R Ranch but here are just a few.
- 2021 Apolitical Payoff WINNER Black Gold Futurity
2021 My Midnight Candy WINNER Oklahoma Horseman’s Association Champions Mystery Derby
- 2021 Kool and Fabulous WINNER The Prairie Meadows Gold Derby
- 2021 One Kool Dreamer WINNER The Altoona Derby
- 2020 Whisperalittleprayer 2nd Northland Futurity
- 2020 Royal Cash Flash Miss Ellen Stakes
- 2020 Kool and Fabulous juvenile Northland Futurity WINNER
- 2019 Midnight Moonlyte WINNER Ruidoso Juvenile Futurity
- 2019 Royal Cash Flash WINNER Gopher State Futurity
- 2013 Seis the Royal Cash
- 2013 Winner North Central Futurity at Canterbury Park
- 2012 Midnight Sunlight
- 2nd Oklahoma Futurity G2 at Remington Park
- 2012 Winner of Northlands Futurity at Canterbury Park
- Flying LaJolla
- 2012 MQHRA Aged Racehorse
- One Kool Wagon
- 2014 MQHRA 4 yr old & Up Champion and Open Class Champion
- 2014 MQHRA Open Class Champion
- MQHRA 2013 3 yr old & Up Champion and Open Class Champion
- 2013 MQHRA Open Class Champion
- Royal Diamond Cartel
- 2nd in 2014 Northland Futurity at Canterbury Park
- Mr Toaster
- Winner of 2005 Dan Deimert in Fargo ND
- 2005 NDQHRA Aged Racehorse